Your kitchen is the heart of your home, keeping friends and family fed and together to enjoy each other’s company, so you naturally want it to look its best. Whether your kitchen has experienced wear and tear or just doesn’t suit your style anymore, The Dan Company can help you transform your kitchen within your chosen budget. Backsplashes, for example, are lovely design elements you can add to your kitchen that don’t have to cost much to generate a wow factor. Let’s discuss more design options that prove you don’t have to embark upon a full remodel to achieve a kitchen with both form and function!
Backsplash Design Ideas That Won’t Break The Bank
- Peel and Stick Tiles: These tiling options are a breeze to install with no grout required! They also come in a wide variety of designs, which offer splashes of color and fun patterns to brighten up your kitchen at a low cost.
- Waterproof Wallpapers: Another easy installation option, wallpapers come in a plethora of designs and colors, so you’re bound to find one that suits your style. Consider opting for a textured backsplash for a luxe effect, and be sure to choose a waterproof option for easy cleanup in case of splatters or spills.
- Subway Tile: These tiles are a classic for a reason and can cost as little as $2 a square foot. If you want a more unique take on this timeless trend, consider laying your tile in an elegant herringbone pattern that draws the eye upwards, visually expanding your kitchen at the same time.
Other Wallet-Friendly Kitchen Renovation Ideas
- Open Shelving: Cabinetry can be expensive, but if you want to replace yours, there is another option that won’t break the bank. Alternating upper-level cabinetry with open shelving can save money on a full cabinet renovation and also make your kitchen feel more expansive at the same time. Personalize your open shelves with pretty glassware or plants to make the space feel even fresher.
- Upgrade Your Lighting: The lighting in your kitchen can change the way you look and feel about your space. A statement pendant light can be more affordable than many other more involved kitchen upgrades and can be a focal point for guests to admire.
- Invest Hardware: If your kitchen hardware looks worse for wear, replacing it with more modern matte blacks or warm metallics can be the key to refreshing your kitchen. Faucet or cabinet hardware can be easily and relatively inexpensively replaced. Tip: invest in a statement, functional faucet and then pair the rest of your hardware to match.
The Dan Company is your trusted general contractor, here to help make your dream kitchen a reality! With over a decade of experience in the home remodeling and general contracting space, The Dan Company has created many kitchens personalized to each client’s specific tastes and needs. We guarantee clear communication throughout the process so you have knowledge of how your renovation is going from start to finish. Contact us at (615) 891-1572. We are proud to be building with integrity, constructing dream homes in Nashville.
Photography by Allison Elefante