If you feel your kitchen could use a refresh, there’s no better place to look for inspiration than 2023’s kitchen trends. Finding out what’s popular will not only keep your kitchen looking fresh, but you’ll also find the most functional and investment-worthy options that the industry has to offer. Whether creating a more spacious environment or adding some energy-saving gadgets, even a few kitchen upgrades can dramatically improve your day-to-day. With The Dan Company at the helm of your kitchen makeover, you’ll soon be ready to entertain or simply spend quality time at home in a whole new way!
What are some current kitchen trends in 2023?
- Organic and eco-friendly pieces: Recent home design trends have incorporated nature into the home more, and the kitchen is no exception! This comforting design choice creates calm both in feeling and peace of mind. Not only is using recycled or environmentally friendly materials such as bamboo or cork great for the environment, they can also be cost-effective in the long run! You can also save extra cash monthly with energy-saving windows or a new induction stove.
- Large kitchen islands: have stayed popular for years for a reason, but they’re particularly trendy in 2023. A kitchen island is a focal point of your space and offers a place to prep, cook, entertain, and eat all in one. If you create an island with storage and shelving, these functional staples will only multiply their usefulness.
- Pops of color: whether in a fun feature backsplash or in unique cabinetry, pops of color in the kitchen have become popular as of late! If you’re on a budget, repainting cabinets in a warm color could be a great way to save money and change up your space all at once. If you’re unsure about committing to a particular color, adding accessories and art in greens and blues is a trendy compromise.
What mistakes should I avoid while remodeling my kitchen?
- Severely underestimating costs. If you’re a do-it-yourselfer, you’ll want to have a 15% to 20% contingency plan on top of your budget for if things go wrong. When you work with The Dan Company, our contractors will give you a proper estimate so there aren’t surprises along the way!
- Form over function: The kitchen is probably the busiest room in your home. When you plan your dream kitchen, think about what works and what doesn’t in the space. What do you find your current kitchen layout or design lacking? What choices would make for more productive and relaxing moments at home? Making these decisions with your budget in mind will lead to the best possible outcome.
- Choosing appliances after cabinetry. If you are upgrading appliances, it is crucial to get measurements for those pieces before you begin replacing cabinetry. It will be a costly headache if your appliances do not fit in your new space!
At The Dan Company, we’ve seen our fair share of kitchen remodels over the past decade, so we know how to create the most functional and fashionable kitchen for your needs. Whether you’re wanting to make a few cosmetic updates to your kitchen or are anticipating a full remodel, contact us now. Our employees will be happy to answer your questions in real time at (615) 891-1572. Planning your dream Nashville kitchen starts with one call to The Dan Company!
Photography by Bob Fawcett