Happy New Year from your friends here at The Dan Company! With the new year comes a new mindset and that can roll over to your home. They say home is where the heart is, and it’s the protective shell that houses rich memories with your loved ones. With that being said, it makes sense that you would want your Nashville home to show your personality and spirit. Let’s explore some common questions you may have when renovating your home for the new year.
What’s A Good Starting Point For My Nashville Home Renovation?
- The best place to start when you’re taking on big projects is to do some research. Have a good idea about precisely what kind of home remodel you want, whether a full-scale remodel or a new addition to your home, so you can avoid any delays by knowing the cost and keeping you on budget.
- Keep the end goal in mind! It’s often easy to lose sight of the big picture when you’re so focused on the details, but keeping your eye on the main goal helps you stay on track when it comes to things like long-term maintenance, repair expenses, and energy loss during the remodel. It’s also an important reminder to add these expenses to your budget calculation because they can easily throw you off if you don’t.
- Update your flooring plan! It’s easy to overlook the power of great flooring, but chances are, new flooring can spruce up a room and make your home look brighter! There are plenty of options to choose from: ceramic tile, hardwood, vinyl, carpet, or laminate. There’s something for everyone!
What Are Some Design Tips To Make The Most Of My Nashville Home This New Year?
- Open up walls and hallways! Open concept floor plans are all the rage nowadays. It gives the illusion of ample space, so it may be a good idea to invest in this during the remodeling process, especially if you have family moving back in or in-laws living with you.
- Spend your money on practical items. It can be tempting to spend money on a fancy bathtub, but if it ends up not being used, that’s money down the drain. It is best to save money on something like a showerhead because you will most likely use it.
- You can consider adding a walk-in closet, full bathrooms to master suites, and fireplaces to add value to your home when you sell it in the future and make the most of these amenities at present.
At The Dan Company, we are passionate about adding value to homes and living spaces. We have provided Nashville with high-quality home remodeling and general contracting services for over a decade while building with integrity being our top priority. If you are looking to try something different with your Nashville home this new year, contact us at (615) 395-6910, and we’ll bring your vision to life.