Spring cleaning is critical to any seasonal routine to declutter and make way for new beginnings. If you haven’t made organization a priority in recent months, you may have noticed the clutter start to build up. When you are in this situation, it can be overwhelming even to know where to start. Fortunately, there are ways to create the most efficient checklist to help you maximize your spring cleaning this season. The first step is motivating yourself to get it done!
Where Should You Start For A Successful Spring Cleaning?
- Start a checklist of the areas of your home that need the most attention. Is it the kitchen? Or maybe the bathroom? Or how about the mud room? Where your problem areas are, create a plan on how you’re going to tackle each room and get to work!
- The junk that piles up in junk drawers is no joke! It’s easy to put off looking through it because it’s the junk drawer, but clearing away the items you don’t need from your junk drawers can do wonders for making you feel fresh and organized. The same thing goes for your closet.
- If you’re cleaning out your bathroom, look through your drawers and see if there are any expired skincare products and throw them away. You may also want to change your shower curtains while you’re at it.
- While in the kitchen, wipe down shelves and cabinets. Additionally, use a steam cleaner if you own stainless steel appliances so you don’t scratch them.
How Can You Repurpose Your Decor When Organizing This Spring?
- If you have old glasses and containers in the garage, consider turning them into pots for your plants. It’s also good to turn old glasses into table lamps for aesthetic purposes.
- If you have an old door lying around, you can add some legs and make it a table. You can also take your old chairs and give them fresh coats of paint in the spirit of upcycling!
- Did you think old silverware couldn’t be repurposed? Think again! Consider getting creative and making some windchimes from old spoons and forks taking up space in your kitchen drawers!
Spring cleaning is essential to every seasonal checklist, so you can do away with the old and make way for the new. Psychologists concur that increased mood, decreased stress, and high creativity all stem from following a thorough spring cleaning regimen that allows you to keep only what you need. As we mentioned above, sometimes, you don’t have to throw something away completely, especially if you know it can be reused in other ways. If you need some design ideas or want to refresh your Nashville home, there’s no better general contracting company to call than The Dan Company! We have over ten years of experience in general contracting, home remodeling, and custom craftsmanship, so you can count on us to do the job well. If you want to learn more about what we offer Nashville, contact us at (615) 891-1572. We’d be happy to help you find inspiration during your spring cleaning journey!