A clean bathroom says a lot about your Nashville home’s maintenance. Your bathroom is a portal to the day’s self-care sphere where you can take some time to yourself. An unkempt bathroom with an outdated floor plan and faulty mechanisms can drastically turn your oasis into a pigsty, and no one wants that! If you need a bathroom remodel, there are several factors you need to consider before taking on this monumental endeavor. To make the best of your bathroom remodel, we have listed a few tips below to get the ball rolling and help you decide how to go about your bathroom remodel!
What Are The Most Common Bathroom Remodeling Faux Pas You Can Avoid?
- Bathrooms can handle drastic changes, whether those changes are temperature shifts or high moisture levels. Over time, these concerns can take a toll. The best way to avoid mold and mildew growing on your bathroom floors, walls, and vanities, is to choose materials specific to your bathroom design; for example: can your wallpaper withstand humidity, or will it peel at the slightest levels of moisture?
- Be honest: have you thought of your exhaust fans? While exhaust fans are often overlooked in the bathroom renovation journey, you can’t deny their essential purpose: allowing for proper ventilation! To ensure routine upkeep of your bathroom’s exhaust fan, clean out your vents from time to time to remove dust and debris before switching the fan on.
- Do you have a specific design in mind for your bathroom in your Nashville home? Hire an interior designer to sketch or draw plans for your bathroom design.
How Can You Incorporate More Space In Your Bathroom Remodel?
Wide, open spaces and crisp, clean interiors make for a chic bathroom that you can look forward to coming home to after a long day. You don’t need to wait until after the remodel to maximize space in your bathroom- with a few handy tips, you can effectively include more space in your bathroom remodel during the renovation process itself!
- Add a built-in storage shelf in your shower to eliminate the jumble of shampoos, conditioners, soaps, loofahs, and any other item you’ve been tempted to add to that space. Having these shelves be designed to fit items of various sizes is an excellent point to add to your renovation checklist.
- Do you have cabinet drawer organizers in your bathroom? Your bathroom remodel is a good time to add these in! Rather than having cabinets take up valuable space in your bathroom, you can add drawers and pull-out trays to the mix. Basket-style organizers are helpful, too.
- They say less is more, which couldn’t be more accurate with this tip: add wall hooks! You can keep towels organized this way, AND it feeds into the minimalist lifestyle that can help you clean out the clutter!
At The Dan Company, we prioritize integrity above all else. We provide an open line of communication with transparent pricing so that there isn’t any confusion throughout the process. And this isn’t just for bathroom remodels- we can do full-scale remodels, additions, and custom craftsmanship, too! From classic and timeless to modern and trendy, our seasoned professionals specialize in creating beautiful designs that match YOUR requirements. If you’re looking to remodel your bathroom this year, give us a call at (615) 891-1572 or fill out this contact form to get in touch. We look forward to working with you!