We have a lot to learn from history. From wars and famines to the women’s movement and the moon landing, history has something to impart to all of us. Your Nashville historic property may have lived through significant events in our world’s timeline, so you may be hesitant to renovate, and even if you want to renovate, you may not know where to start. That shouldn’t be a reason to avoid renovating your historic property! In fact, it’s better to do it now than later down the road before your historic property becomes dilapidated. We have listed below three benefits to restoring your historic property and ways to customize your historic space that’s unique to you while still keeping its old-school charm.
Top Three: Why Should You Restore Your Historic Property?
- There’s good reason to invest in properties that stand the test of time! Structural integrity alone should be a good enough reason to renovate your historic property. Some buildings that have been around for longer than a century may last another one hundred years with proper upkeep and maintenance.
- Historic commercial properties are among the best in terms of energy consumption on a per square foot basis. There are several ways to make a building more energy-efficient through energy audits and weatherstripping, which can subdue increasing concerns about rising fuel costs.
- Restoration vs. Ground-Up Rebuilding! Restoring your historic property keeps costs lower than if you were to demolish a building and start construction from the ground up. That way, you don’t take up too much space on public property, and you use fewer resources which keeps the planet healthier!
Memorable Makeovers: How Can You Design Your Historic Space Unique To You?
- Keep the vintage spirit alive with original woodwork! That way, you can keep your historic renovation authentic while also preserving quality craftsmanship that is usually difficult to find in modern construction.
- If you can find the original blueprints of the house before moving in, that might stir up some design ideas! An excellent place to start would be to remove layers of wallpaper and add new coats of paint to give your Nashville historic property a fresh feel.
- Do you need funding for this monumental endeavor? There are actually various tiers of state funding that cover historic property renovation! Certified historic structures must be listed as a part of a historic district or in the National Register of Historic Places. You can learn more about whether your historic property qualifies for tier funding here.
Are you considering making some changes to your historic property in Nashville? You’ve come to the right place! At The Dan Company, we are committed to remodeling your historic property in style. Just because you are thinking of remodeling doesn’t mean your historic property has to lose the essence of what makes it celebrated in the first place. Our highly qualified team has provided Nashville with state-of-the-art home remodeling and general contracting services with a specialty in historic renovations for the past decade. Curious? Contact us at (615) 891-1572 to let us help you get started with your historic renovation!