Nothing lasts forever, and the same thing can be said about staying in the same home. It’s never too late to think about the future, especially when it comes to increasing your current home’s resale value when you plan on selling it down the road. Some renovations, like a kitchen remodel, add significant value to your Nashville home, and other renovations like a DADU or finishing up a basement can benefit other members of your family, too. Whatever your reason for adding to your home, the end game is to increase your home’s value for the future while enjoying the comforts of enhanced living in the present.
What Are The Top Three Home Additions That Can Significantly Increase Your Home’s Value?
- Finishing up a basement, in-law suite, or better yet, investing in a DADU cottage can be a great way to house family members who are staying with you for an extended period AND can up your home’s resale value. In the instance of a DADU cottage, you can even generate passive income by designing your DADU to be a cozy cottage for travelers!
- Your kitchen is the heart of your home, and for a good reason! It’s where meals are shared, and a sense of camaraderie is developed over good food. That’s why it would only make sense to redo it entirely if you feel that your kitchen is getting outdated and cluttered. You can add new countertops, add a tile backsplash, replace your cabinets or do a full-gut remodel to realize your home addition dreams.
- Thinking of upgrading your master suite? Take this as confirmation to learn more about it if you haven’t already started your research! There are several ways you can incorporate more space into your everyday life with the addition of a master suite, like building an in-room office for all the folks who work from home or a walk-in closet for convenience.
Choosing The Right Restoration Company!
Choosing the right home renovation company to add to your home is no small job- it takes time to research credentials and ask the right questions to the right people. Since there is a lot to consider when picking the right home remodeling and general contracting company, we have laid out some ground rules on how you can go about your search!
- Ask for referrals! Without a doubt, referrals are one of the best ways to catch ahold of the best companies. Word-of-mouth is a powerful tool; sometimes, it can find its way back to those who need it! Some questions you can ask friends and family about their experiences with a remodeling contracting company include: what made your experience a positive experience, and would you use this same contractor again?
- Find out how much business management experience your companies of interest have. Do they have a solid in-person and online presence throughout the community? Does the company have a good reputation? Do these companies have insurance to protect you and your family from liability? This and other questions are essential to weeding out the companies that aren’t a fit.
We all want the same thing: to help you achieve your home renovation goals through seamless communication and timely execution. At The Dan Company, we can promise you exactly that! If you’re looking for a home renovation company with general contracting experience, you’ve stopped by the right place. If honest construction practices and attention to detail are qualities you value in a general contractor, call us at (615) 891-1572 or fill out this contact form if you prefer to write out your goals. No matter what, we’ll build a space that is YOUnique to you!