The kitchen is often seen as “the heart of the home.” It’s where many of your meals happen, and you get to spend time with family and friends in this common area. When your kitchen starts to look outdated, it doesn’t go unnoticed. If there’s anything faulty with the functionality, cabinetry, floor plan, or even the wall color, your eyes are immediately drawn to those features. That’s why it’s so important to make those aspects of your kitchen pop in a good way! Below, we have listed the top three things to renovate in your kitchen and some kitchen nightmares you want to avoid so you can make the most out of your kitchen remodel.
What Are The Top Three Tasteful Touches To Implement During Your Kitchen Renovation?
- Update your countertops! Of course, the overall style of your kitchen remodel matters, but it’s best not to overlook the details when dealing with countertops. Because your kitchen countertops experience the most intensive activities when cooking meals, they most likely experience the most wear and tear. Ensure that your countertops are durable and reliable.
- Don’t be afraid to be unconventional with shelving and storage spaces. Just because your kitchen is an open concept one doesn’t mean your storage space has to be! You can install a space in the pantry or invest in a butler pantry to meet your storage needs.
- Add personal touches! If you’ve created woodwork or pieces of furniture, don’t let your hard work stay hidden in a closet. Bringing these personal touches to the “heart of the home” adds charm and character to the finished layout!
What Should You Avoid When Remodeling Your Kitchen?
- High-gloss finishes look classy and cultured, but you may want to stay away from these touches if you want your home to be child and pet-friendly. In those situations, you can opt for appliances with smudge-proof qualities or matte cabinets with textured finishes.
- You may have heard of the Bermuda Triangle, but have you heard of the Kitchen Triangle? It is ideal to create a “triangle” between your stove, sink, and refrigerator, making them all close to each other, so you won’t be running around looking for appliances. The last thing you want to do when you have guests over is to miss something on the stove that’s too far away from the refrigerator or sink!
- This is a big one- don’t make any last-minute changes once the work begins! Dot your i’s and cross your t’s before adding changes to the remodel, as midway changes can cause costs to skyrocket. (not to mention disrupt the workflow!)
We build with integrity! That’s right, we approach every home addition and remodeling scenario with the attention and care to detail that’s difficult to find elsewhere. With over a decade of experience serving Nashville, we ensure that you are informed every step of the way- after all, no one wants to deal with the headache of unspoken terms and conditions! While home remodeling and general contracting services are our specialties, we have experience renovating historic properties, screened-in porches and decks, and other custom projects. If you need us, give us a call at (615) 891-1572 or fill out this contact form to provide us with more information on your next kitchen remodel!