Happy New Year from your friends over at The Dan Company! With a new year comes new trends in the world of interior design, and we’re excited to share some of those trends with you today. One of the biggest takeaways of the late 2010s and early 2020s is maximizing your storage space. Whether that is incorporating more natural light into your design to give the illusion of more space or a tasteful paint job, emphasizing your style is paramount to making your dream home a reality.
What Are Some Home Renovation Trends You Can Incorporate Into Your Home In 2023?
- A DADU can be a great way to enhance your Nashville home’s value. If your zoning regulations permit, you may be able to build a separate property on your lot as long as it’s visibly smaller than the main property, AKA your home. You may even be able to rent out this area and generate an extra stream of income!
- While not exactly a home remodel, constructing a DADU includes several components of a living unit, like a bedroom, small kitchen, bathroom, and living room. Your DADU should consist of the amenities someone living there would need, so ensure that you set aside a budget before planning for a DADU.
- While budgeting for a DADU, you can consider a home equity loan or a cash-out refinance if you have good home equity. It’s easy to confuse an ADU (accessory dwelling unit) with a DADU, but the latter is usually twice as expensive as the former. Knowing the difference between the two can help you determine your budget.
What Else Should You Know About Interior Design Trends For A New Year?
- Redoing your home is all about adding value in the long run. You could consider adding a walk-in closet to your master suite, a fireplace to your living room, or revamping your kitchen to increase your quality of living in the present while boosting your home’s value for the future.
- It’s easy to get lost in the numerous home renovation trends, and even more tempting to try as many of them as possible. The most important thing is to incorporate the trends that best match your style. One way to narrow some of these trends down to your home renovation is to create a list of non-negotiables you MUST have in your home. Is it a mudroom? Do you need a separate home office? Whatever it is, creating two lists, one for “must-haves” and one for “nice-to-haves,” can help you stay organized during the home renovation process.
- And finally, you want to choose a reliable, detail-oriented general contracting company to conduct your home renovation project this year! Consider these three essential criteria when taking your pick:
- Business management expertise
At The Dan Company, we pledge to bring your home renovation dreams to life! We provide general contracting and home remodeling services to the greater Nashville area. Our expertise spans full-scale home remodeling, historic renovations, master suite renovations, patios and screened decks, and so much more! We build with integrity which means we value transparency throughout the construction process, so you are never left in the dark. If you’re looking to assimilate some of the design trends mentioned above into your home renovation this year, contact us at (615) 891-1572. There’s no better general contracting company to take you one step ahead of the interior design game than The Dan Company!